Young Government Leaders (YGL) is recruiting its next President and Chairman. YGL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission to educate, inspire and transform the current and next generation of government leaders. YGL is committed to serving as a coordinated voice by providing a community of leadership through professional development activities, networking opportunities, social events, seminars, fellowships, and scholarships. Founded in 2003, what began as a few employees working in their spare time has become a robust organization with 15 chapters and 10,000 members across the nation.
I) Key Roles of the President and Chairman
- Provide the Vision and Lead the Organization to the Next Level. YGL seeks a leader with an unmatched commitment to government who is able to lead the organization towards further growth and success.
- Build a Community. Serves as the primary public face of YGL, representing the organization across the government community. Presents at conferences, participates in a wide range of meetings and events that advance YGL’s strategic goals, and expands YGL’s influence. Impeccable professional reputation, well-regarded among colleagues across Local, State and Federal government
- Enable a World-class Team. The President will serve as the Chairman of the YGL National Board of Directors, comprised of five Board members, and President of the YGL National Leadership Team, comprised of over 20 volunteer leaders. The YGL President finds, leads, inspires and nurtures a cohort of passionate leaders, change-makers and doers that support the organization as a whole.
II) Skills and Attributes
- Organization skills
- Accountability driver
- Identifies and cultivates talent
- Leads by example
- Dedicated to the mission
- Committed to government service
- Strong Communicator
- Proven track record of leading people to positive outcomes
- Based in Washington, DC
- Must be a government employee at any level (e.g., federal, state, local)
- Available to conduct regular meetings and attend events in the evening and on weekends
- Occasionally be available to attend events during work hours
- Willing to routinely speak to large audiences at various events
- Co-host and MC the Next Generation of Government conference during late summer each year
- Depending on the amount of events and initiatives this position may require approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- This position is unpaid.
This position requires a two-year commitment, beginning October 1, 2017.
VI) To Apply
Email email@example.com with your resume and a statement of interest that describes (1) why you want to be the President and Chairman of YGL National, (2) your past involvement with YGL, and (3) what makes you uniquely qualified for this position (750 words or less). Applications must be submitted by Friday, August 4, 2017. If you have any questions, please reach out to Miguel Aviles at firstname.lastname@example.org.